Re: Rephrasing the problem [was Re: [xsl] Second try: Search and replace many strings that may not be present in target

Subject: Re: Rephrasing the problem [was Re: [xsl] Second try: Search and replace many strings that may not be present in target
From: Greg Faron <gfaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 13:24:56 -0600
At 01:05 PM 5/20/2002, you wrote:
At 11:51 AM 5/20/2002, you wrote:
                            Sample Input
<kc>
  <quotes>
    <quote who="Peter P. Peters"/>
    <quote who="Bernadette Peters"/>
    <quote who="Seth David Schoen"/>
  </quotes>
  <section>
    Peters, and then again to Peter P. Peters.</p>
  </section>
  <section>
    Bernadette Peters.</p>
  </section>
</kc>

Awww crap. Hopefully, this will be my last response to the original query... I had forgotten that I edited your XML sample to remove all of the hard returns ('\n') from the <p> elements. You might want to set up an initial conversion before calling the "linkify" template (see other post) that translates newlines to spaces and then normalize-space() on the text() node. At that point, the rest of the posted code will work fine.

Bye.

Greg Faron Integre Technical Publishing Co.