Re: [xsl] XSLT+XPATH as SVG scripting?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT+XPATH as SVG scripting?
From: Max Froumentin <mf@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 15:50:26 +0200
DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Functionally the prime usages seem to be animation,
> addition and removal (or hiding) of some element
> of the SVG document.

Most of this can indeed be done in SMIL animation, in a simpler way
than using Javascript (see examples below), or introducing XSLT
constructs. But I suspect fewer SVG developers are familiar with
declarative animation than with JavaScript, and I suspect using
XSLT/XPath constructs there wouldn't make Javascript programmers
change their mind so easily.

<!-- animate -->
<animate id="move3" begin="move2.end" xlink:href="#m"
attributeName="x" attribut eType="XML" dur="2s" from="45" to="55"
fill="freeze" restart="never"/>

<!-- hide -->
<set xlink:href="#N" begin= "move2.end+2s" dur="indefinite"
attributeType="CSS" attributeName="visibility" to="hidden"
restart="never"/>

Max.