Re: [xsl] What is %26 doing in my HTML?

Subject: Re: [xsl] What is %26 doing in my HTML?
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 13:22:29 -0600 (MDT)
Zack Brown wrote:
> I'm seeing my '&amp;'s translated into '%26' when producing HTML output.

Bug in xsltproc.

Probably also indicative of a very poor decision made by some XSLT processor
vendors early on. Inspired by this clause in the XSLT spec..

  The html output method should escape non-ASCII characters in URI attribute
  values using the method recommended in Section B.2.1 of the HTML 4.0
  Recommendation.

...they thought it would be nice to apply %-escaping to certain ASCII
characters (like '&') as well. Of course this presumes that you didn't know
what you were doing when you assembled the URI, and makes it impossible to
properly serialize a URI that needs to contain reserved characters which
maintain their special meaning.

   - Mike