Re: [xsl] Why XSLT?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Why XSLT?
From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 12:37:49 +0200
Hello Ranjith,

you mixed some terms, standards, etc.

At first there is XML - it's a file description language. Such an XML file must be parsed, which is the job e.g. of Xerces (it's only a parser). This parsed XML can be processed via a stylesheet (whether you name it XSL or XSLT is almost equal). This is the job of a transformer, e.g. XT or Xalan. So your xsl file must be in the XSLT standard to be processed with a standard conform processor/transformer.

Joerg

Ranjith Kodikara wrote:
You can parse an xml file with an xsl file and can generate an html document
using Xerces or XT. Then I wonder why these people introduced Xalan. Please
someone clarify me what are the advantages having XSLT and Xalan?

I would be grateful if someone can show me a case study which have been done
using XSLT.. send me a web link of a case study..

Forgive me. I am a beginner.
-Ranjith
ranjith@xxxxxxxxxx

--