RE: [xsl] If vs. apply-templates for optional attributes

Subject: RE: [xsl] If vs. apply-templates for optional attributes
From: "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsberger@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 10:03:39 -0500
I'm doing the same test for many different elements....

I can't see how the named template gains me anything?  It doesn't make the
code any more compact,
and although the call to the named template likely adds no overhead, passing
the parameter might?  Moreover,
the test is still done.

A smart compiler shouldn't have much more overhead for a modal template than
a named template, or am I missing something?