Re: [xsl] Organization Chart

Subject: Re: [xsl] Organization Chart
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 13:24:25 -0400
Mark,

You don't say into what format.

Nonethess, I and a few others have done some work on transforming arbitrary XML into various renditions in SVG. One such is in the XSL FAQ, I believe: it creates a top-down "node tree" view, and may be adaptable to your purpose.

I actually have another underway, which doesn't do the "Organization Chart" as such, but does something not altogether dissimilar. (When I get a chance to do a couple of final touches and commenting I intend to release it.) Contact me off list if you're interested.

The orgchart is surprisingly difficult to calculate, since you have to calculate the number (easy) and placement (not so easy) of all the boxes.

Cheers,
Wendell