Re: [xsl] •

Subject: Re: [xsl] •
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 12:29:03 -0600 (MDT)
Greg Martel wrote:
> Anybody have helpful advice on why XML-Spy/xalan won't let me
> redefine a numeric entity in  a stylesheet but will let me redefine
> other entities.

It won't let you do it because in XML there is no such thing as a "numeric
entity". "&" signals the beginning of markup for either an entity reference or
a character reference. You've been talking about character references, not
entities.

   Entity reference: &foo;   where foo starts with a name char (letter)

Character reference: &#foo;  where foo is 1 or more digits (decimal or
                             hex), preceded by "x" if hex.

   - Mike