RE: [xsl] Grouping and Sorting on value inside group

Subject: RE: [xsl] Grouping and Sorting on value inside group
From: "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsberger@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:55:34 -0500
> If you know the sort column couldn't you use it to get a sorted sequence
of
> dataids and distribute your elements using that?
>
> eg, within a group:
> 	<xsl:for-each select=*[local-name(.) = $sortColumn]>
> 		<xsl:sort select="value"/>
>		<xsl:for-each select="../*[@dataid = current()/@dataid]>
>			<xsl:copy-of select="."/>
>		</xsl:for-each>
>	</xsl:for-each>

Hmm, although I basically understand what you're getting at, I'm a little
confused as to why I can't just do the following:

      <xsl:for-each select="(//dataset/*/*[generate-id() =
generate-id(key('dataids', concat(local-name(..),@dataId)))])">
         <xsl:sort select="//dataset/*/*[local-name() =
$sortColumn]/value"/>

and just sort the results of the grouping on the value of the child elements
value node?  It doesn't work, so I'm obviously missing something...