[xsl] Using XSL Variables in HTML Attributes

Subject: [xsl] Using XSL Variables in HTML Attributes
From: "Jesse M. Heines" <heines@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:57:27 -0400
I have some values stored in XSL variables:

   <xsl:variable name="courseNo" select="@crsno" />
   <xsl:variable name="courseTitle"
select="//course[@number=$courseNo]/title" />

I can create a dropdown list of course numbers with HTML option tags by
putting the following code inside an appropriate looping structure:

   <option>
      <xsl:value-of select="$courseNo" />
   </option>

I want to use the course titles as the value parameters of the HTML
option tag, but the following doesn't work:

   <option value="$courseTitle">
      <xsl:value-of select="$courseNo" />
   </option>

I have tried various ways to get <xsl:value-of select="$courseTitle" />
inside the quotes for the option value parameter, but nothing I tried
works.  I also tried using the XPath string function in a number of ways
to no avail.

I would appreciate suggestions anyone can make on how to accomplish our
goal.

Thank you,
Jesse

Jesse M. Heines, Ed.D.