Re: AW: [xsl] Problem parsing cp1252 with msxsl > UTF-8 ?

Subject: Re: AW: [xsl] Problem parsing cp1252 with msxsl > UTF-8 ?
From: Paul Terray <terray@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:32:38 +0200
At 15:14 13/06/2002 +0200, you wrote:
Hello,

what i don´t understand regarding UTF-8 is that besides is has a bigger charset, you cannot use special german special characters like ü, ö ,ä ,so we must continue for german with encoding="iso-8859-1" .

What i am missing?

They are available, and you can use them yourself : your mail was written using utf-8 !

We do have such characters in french, and we use them in UTF-8.
Perhaps the problem is that you don't have an editor for them ?

--
Paul TERRAY - Documents Management Systems Engineer
email : terray@xxxxxxxxxxxx