[xsl] Preventing Bounced Messages on XSL-List

Subject: [xsl] Preventing Bounced Messages on XSL-List
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:40:08 -0400
Friends --

Many of you have been surprised that you haven't received some XSL-List messages.  There are several reasons this may happen, including:
  - your mailbox is full;
  - your email server is off-line; and
  - you (or your organization) have a filter that bounces them.

More and more XSL-List messages are being bounced by such filters. Various list subscriber's email filters bounce messages that:
  - include the letter x (or X) 3 times in a row
  - include the headers of a quoted message
  - include the word that is formed by removing the " " in "vir us"
  - include the word that is formed by removing the " " in "Java script"
  - include the word that is formed by removing the " " in "mort gage"
  - include the word that is formed by removing the " " in "se x"
  - include the word that is formed by removing the " " in "VB Script"
  - have any attachments

I used to rend the subscriber a note telling them that I had been notified that list messages had been rejected by such a filter, but it happens so often now that I have stopped.

All messages to the XSL-List are archived and (after a day) are available at  http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/. If you think you are missing messages, please look in the archives, and supplement your local collection from there if you feel the need. Please do not ask me to re-send messages you have missed.

-- Tommie
B. Tommie Usdin                        mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx