RE: [xsl] general gripe - html output

Subject: RE: [xsl] general gripe - html output
From: "Andrew Welch" <awelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:45:04 +0100
>I can't quite see what you're griping about.

...to get html-tidy (the com version I use in Xselerator) to tidy my
html output without complaining I need to specify xsl:output
method="xml" which I though was a bit of a joke.

I've got <html> in my stylesheet so the processor thinks 'ah you haven't
specified an output method so you must want to output html, so I will
change your output to conform to the html spec'.

So when I see all the changes in my output I think 'oh no, leave my
output alone' so I specify

<xsl:output method="xml"/>

Its not a problem, just a little ironic maybe.

cheers
andrew

---