[xsl] XSL lint?

Subject: [xsl] XSL lint?
From: Bill Cohagan <bill.cohagan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:43:34 -0500
Has anyone written a "lint" utility for XSL? Our group has noticed that
there is a set of common errors that aren't actually syntax errors, thus
aren't caught by the processor. These "silent" errors lead to much
frustration and gnashing of teeth.

For example, have you ever done

  <xsl-value-of ...> rather than <xsl:value-of ...>  ??

How about forgetting the "$" in a variable reference (resulting in XSL
interpreting as an element reference with the current context)?

There are of course others, but these examples show the kind of thing I'm
talking about. Some of course would be more difficult than others to
"detect" with a lint type transform.

Anyway, I was about to put this project on my "to-do" list, but thought I'd
see if anyone else might have already tackled the job.

Regards,
 Bill