Re: [xsl] XSLT to generate XML from XML Schema?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT to generate XML from XML Schema?
From: Francis Norton <francis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 14:42:28 +0100
Hi Adam,

WATKIN-JONES,ADAM (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex1) wrote:

I'm looking for examples of XSLT that will generate XML from XML Schema.
Does anyone know of any good resources on the web or a good book?

If you're looking to generate stuff from XML Schemas you might find the Type Tagger [1] useful - it's not complete, but it does recursively include schema files, and generates an XSLT Transform that adds type attributes to instance documents. It's basically much the same code as I used in an earlier project to generate cross-linked HTML documentation from Schemas, which suggests that the code is reasonably re-usable.

Francis.

[1] http://www.schemavalid.com/utils/typeTagger.zip

--
"Never mind manoeuvre, go straight at 'em." - Admiral Horatio Nelson