[xsl] accessing (xml) objects from xsl

Subject: [xsl] accessing (xml) objects from xsl
From: "s s" <ss_theone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 13:27:33 +0000
Hello!

I have looked up these two questions in the archives but don't seem to find a complete answer. If anybody could help I would be greatful.

two questions:

1) accessing java objects from xslt:
I have tried using the following code to attach a java object to my xsl transformer:

transformer.setParameter("blop", someObject);

now I want to call the method in this function from xsl, how do I do this? i.e. I would like to call someObject.doSomething('bla') from the xsl file. Could someone help me out with an example! thanks...

2) passing a DOM object to xslt: (similar to above)
I am trying to access a DOM element from xslt, but it seems to be passed through as null object when it is not!

 javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory df =
    javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();
 javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder db = df.newDocumentBuilder();
 org.w3c.dom.Document doceroo = db.newDocument();
 org.w3c.dom.Element nds = doceroo.createElement("nds");
 doceroo.appendChild(nds);
 nds.setAttribute("bla","8.5");
 transformer.setParameter("blop", doceroo);