[no subject]

From: "Fox, Michael" <michael.fox@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 17:03:30 -0500
There is undoubtedly a simple explanation for this problem that I am
overlooking.

This is the relevant fragment of a longer template.

<xsl:template match="chapter">
		<xsl:if test="position()!=last()">
			<hr></hr>
		</xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

In a book of three chapters, Saxon and XT return three hard rules, MSXML
returns two (the fuller template shows these to be after the first and
second chapters and not the third and final one)

I get the same results if I use this test in an <xsl:choose> statement.

This position() test works as qualifier in the match pattern with all three
processors.

Apart from the inconsistent results, why is the test failing in two
situations and not the other?

Michael  Fox

michael.fox@xxxxxxxx