[xsl] XML Generation

Subject: [xsl] XML Generation
From: "tpass001" <tpass001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 08:53:49 -0500
I know that this is an XSL list, but I have this question that we are
wondering about from an architecture stand-point that I would like your
opinion on.

My data is based on the mainframe and using RMI, i channel the data in
objects over to the app server, generate xml and pass it thru xsl to
generate html. this is probably what most of u might be doing.

here is a approach that we are considering. generate xml programatically
from the mainframe (the mainframe does not have an xml parser), pass it to
app server in string objects using rmi and so on.

is the second approach any better than the first one, whats the problems
here, from what i see is that if it were a reln database, the database is
spitting out xml...... please let me know about ur opinions....

thanks.

TP.