Re: [xsl] Converting XSLT output to HTML document?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Converting XSLT output to HTML document?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:57:13 +0100
> I'm not sure how this is done - perhaps I have missed something.  What I
> have is a stylesheet, and XML files that refer to the stylesheet in the
> header so that the XML file appears like an HTML document when viewed in a
> browser (such as IE6 or NS6).

you can download from microsoft's site  "xmltools (ask google for teh
exact address:-) two useful add ons.

One a command line version of msxml so you can go in a command prompt
msxsl -o output.html input.xml stylesheet.xsl

alternatively one of the xml tools adds an extra menu on teh right mouse
button which is "show xsl output" this causes IE to pop up a window with
the result.

But if you are writing your own stylesheets a command line version is
usually good for getting error messages/warnings etc which vanish if you
run it in a browser. Saxon's a good stand by. If you grab instant saxon
(ask google for the address:-) you use it as avove, replacing msxsl by
saxon
and again it will do what you want.

David