[xsl] html -> <select></select> in xslt ?

Subject: [xsl] html -> <select></select> in xslt ?
From: "Jochen Metzger" <j.metzger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 14:51:16 +0200
Hi,

I'm having a problem in mind and I don't know how to solve it.

The thing is I have a method in php that creates a <select></select> with
all the necessary stuff from the database.

I used that one before ever using xsl.

Now  I want to implement the <select></select> stuff in my stylesheet.

But what is the best way to do and how?

Should I put the stuff in the xml-file (or string in memory) before or can
xslt call a php-function when initiated from
php anyway
(sounds a bit ridiculous I know, but maybe who knows --;o))
This is how the statement, that gets the select looks like:
$area_select=select_tools::make_select(array("select_name" =>
"bezirk","source_type" => "from_db","special_select" =>
"area_short","db_add_content" => "keine Angabe","db_add_value" =>
"","selected_value" => AREA_CHARLO ));

Has someone got ideas?
Or maybe a tutorial in mind that handles this. How do you guys do this (data
from mysql-database and the put in a select ?)

THX for your feedback

Regards from
Berlin

Jochen