Re: [xsl] namespace required in transform

Subject: Re: [xsl] namespace required in transform
From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 03:26:58 +0200
Hello Karen,

> My problem is it seems I have to declare all the namespaces in my
> first xml document, in the transform file as well.

I think, that's not quite correct. You have to declare the namespaces there, where they are used. This means only in the XML files where they are needed (and not all in the "first xml document" - whatever this is) and maybe in the XSLT, if you are not easily copying the elements (including their namespace nodes), but creating new elements using <xsl:element name="{name()}"/>. Test if you can replace them by <xsl:copy/> or <xsl:copy-of select="."/>, otherwise use
<xsl:element name="{name()}" namespace="{namespace-uri()}"/>

Regards,

Joerg