[xsl] <xsl:fallback> use with MSXSL and Saxon

Subject: [xsl] <xsl:fallback> use with MSXSL and Saxon
From: "Frédéric JOUAULT" <f-jouault@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 15:03:47 GMT
Hi,

I have tried to figure out how the <xsl:fallback/> instruction works but
haven't been able to find the answer I'm looking for. I'm sorry if this
is FAQ, but here it is anyway :

I want to generate the file index.html this way :

<xsl:result-document href="index.html">
    <xsl:call-template name="put-head"/>
  <xsl:fallback>
    <xsl:text>unsupported</xsl:text>
  </xsl:fallback>
</xsl:result-document>

It works with Saxon 7.1, but not with MSXSL, which is no surprise.

But I would like to have my stylesheet output "unsupported" by MSXSL
rather than generate an error and stop its processing.

I found this page :
http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/el_fallback.asp
while looking for an answer, and I have not been able to make the
example provided there to work (after correcting the <xsl:/for-each>).

Could anybody explain <xsl:fallback/> supposed behavior and Saxon 7.1
and MSXSL implementations to me please ?