RE: [xsl] transformation does happen after copy-of?

Subject: RE: [xsl] transformation does happen after copy-of?
From: "Andrew Welch" <awelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:01:35 +0100
DC:
>but match=node() matches those nodes for which there exists some other
>node such that $x//node() selects a node set that includes the node you
>are trying to match. attributes are never in //

This sounds just like how my lecturers used to convey meaning...

...or possibly the way techies speak their managers when they need some
more time ;)

cheers
andrew

the fact that in a match, as in a select a step without an explicit axis
is an abbreviated child axis.

a node test node() will be true for an attribute node, which is why
attribute::node() is true (but equivalent to @* so not usually written).

but match=node() matches those nodes for which there exists some other
node such that $x//node() selects a node set that includes the node you
are trying to match. attributes are never in //

David

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---