[xsl] Re: XSL-List Digest V4 #579

Subject: [xsl] Re: XSL-List Digest V4 #579
From: "Joseph Kesselman" <keshlam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 09:00:54 -0400
> Xalan-J dies with the (not very helpful) errors

Just a quick reminder that you can usually get more detail about a Xalan
error by "unwrapping" the TransformationException; the easiest way to do
that is to call printStackTrace() on the exception object. If you're using
Process.main(), specifying the -EDUMP option will cause this to happen.

Haven't had a chance to try the Yves' stylesheet -- I'm up to my elbows in
 other portions of Xalan right now -- but if you really think it's a Xalan
bug, the best place to get assistance would be on the Xalan mailing lists
(see         http://xml.apache.org/mail.html for subscription
instructions) or to check Xalan's entries in the tracking database
(http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/). Note that the first response you'll
probably get from the Xalan development team -- assuming there isn't a
problem in your stylesheet -- is likely to be "Have you tried the latest
Xalan code from CVS", since development is continuous and any given glitch
may already have been solved.