[xsl] Capturing/testing results of a boolean expression.

Subject: [xsl] Capturing/testing results of a boolean expression.
From: "Edward L. Knoll" <ed.knoll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 15:23:45 -0600
I have state information I need/wish to capture in a
"boolean" variable.   I need to use the result of the expression in
multiple places; I do not wish to replicate the expression everywhere it
is needed for maintenance reasons.  The value is "static" and I can
establish it at a global context.

I have yet to figure out how to do it.  No matter what I try I get a
position evalution of the variable.  I can print the variable and see
that I am getting the correct boolean value (true or false).    How do
I capture the results of a boolean expression in a variable and how can
I then test the value of that variable?

Please don't ask for details; I don't want specific point-source
alternatives for how to work around the issue  I want to how to capture
the results of a boolean expression and then use those results later in
a conditional expression (e.g. xsl:if or xsl:when).

Thanks,
Ed Knoll

--
Edward L. Knoll   Phone (work)     : (719)484-2717
                  e-mail (work)    : f49660c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx