[xsl] passing parameter from javascript

Subject: [xsl] passing parameter from javascript
From: "ashwati s" <ashwatis@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 05:09:35 -0400
Hi,

I had posted the query given below but got no reponse... I am new to xsl and would appreciate some help...

I am having an xml which contains employee details like the following.

<Employee>
<ID>T1464</ID>
<Name>TOM</Name>
<Designation>System Architect</Designation>
<Project>Project 1</Project>
</Employee>

I populate a combo with designations from the xml. On the basis of the designation selected by the user i have to list out all the employees with their details in a table.

Is it possible to set a variable in a javascript when the designation is selected and use this variable to filter the employees? Or pass this parameter to another xsl whixh does the filtering of employees??? Does any one have some sample code on using this param in xsl??? Is there a better and simpler way? How do i go about this?

Thanks
ashwati