RE: [xsl] need help explaining one data structure over another

Subject: RE: [xsl] need help explaining one data structure over another
From: "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsberger@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 08:56:47 -0500
> Help me out [...] an please give me [...] a good argument for why system 2
> is advantageous over system 1.

Sorry, I'm going to also vote for system 1.  Having done a lot of generic
XSLT I definitely prefer an XML input stream that a) does not make any
assumptions about how it will be processed; and b) uses XML structure to
indicate hierarchy and not element names.

In your case, argument d) would seem to be particularly relevant; you've
already got a perfectly reasonable way to indicate the relationship of each
item to each other (the XML hierarchy) why would you also want to invent an
artificial naming convention to duplicate the same information?