Re: [xsl] Implementing XPointer Resolution Withsaxon:evaluate()

Subject: Re: [xsl] Implementing XPointer Resolution Withsaxon:evaluate()
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 23:39:56 +0100
Hi Eliot,

> The use of generate-id() is simply a test that this is happening:
> generate-id() lets me test node (object) identity in the context of
> XSLT processing.

The generated IDs would also let you get to the node you were after,
if you defined a key that indexed nodes by their generated ID:

<xsl:key name="generated-id" match="node()|@*" use="generate-id()" />

If you had your resolve-xpointer template returning a result tree
fragment of 'node' elements for the value of the $members variable,
you could use:

  key('generated-id', exsl:node-set($members)/node)

to get your list of the actual nodes themselves.

It's quite a large key table, though (!) which is why using an
extension function to return the nodes themselves is possibly a
cleaner way to do it.

Cheers,

Jeni

---