Re: [xsl] Implementing XPointer Resolution With saxon:evaluate()

Subject: Re: [xsl] Implementing XPointer Resolution With saxon:evaluate()
From: "W. Eliot Kimber" <eliot@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 12:51:26 -0500
Jeni Tennison wrote:

> The basic method of recursively building up a node-set is to have a
> function definition that looks like:

>       <func:result select="$node-set |
>                            my:function(...$param...)" />

Ah, all is clear now. I had forgot (or not fully realized) that the "|"
operator is set union (procedural language brain damage). This is the
node set construction mechanism that I was looking for.

I still think it would be useful to have an XSLT element that returns a
node set such that:

<xsl:variable name="result-node-set">
 <xsl:get-node-set select="."/>
</xsl:variable>
<xsl:if test="generate-id(.) = generate-id($result-node-set[1])">
  <xsl:message>identity is preserved</xsl:message>
</xsl:if>

works. It would certainly simplify my current task and provide the
natural companion to copy-of.

Thanks,

E.

--