Re: [xsl] xsl/xslt coding standard

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl/xslt coding standard
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 11:46:42 +0100
Mike Brown wrote:
> I add frequent comments to explain why I'm doing whatever I'm doing.

At an XSLT Q&A in Oxford recently, someone asked about adding comments
to stylesheets, and it made me think of the discussions we had ages
ago about the different ways of embedding *structured* comments in
a stylesheet. We talked then about using extension elements, but it's
a real pain because you have to have xsl:fallback in each of them to
stop processors getting worried.

One possibility that came to mind, though, was being able to specify
one or more documentation-element namespaces for adding documentation
to the stylesheet. So something like:

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"

<xsl:template match="/">

What do y'all think?