Re: [xsl] object-oriented XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] object-oriented XSL
From: Danny Vint <dvint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 13:28:21 -0700
At 01:48 PM 8/21/2002 -0600, you wrote:
Have you investigated OmniMark? I haven't really, and judging by their website
I'd say some marketing types have recently been rebranding their development
tools as a content management system/'solution', but my impression has been
that it was the PL/SQL of XSLT...

OmniMark is a tool that started in the early SGML days as one of the very few standalone programming tools. It has matured over the years and has changed with the introduction of XML.

OmniMark follows the same general paradigm of XSLT in that it is event driven, but having been around for 10 years or more it is a more complete language and tool than XSLT is currently.

Biggest problem with using OmniMark is the cost of the product when you compare it to free XSLT implementations - they have also recently been purchased by a third party and it seems a little early to know exactly what the final result of that will be, currently its seems to be business as usual.

..dan