Re: [xsl] Handling forms in xsl

Subject: Re: [xsl] Handling forms in xsl
From: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 14:30:09 -0400
[Brian Hickey]

> I want to include a form in my xsl code, and to take
> the value of the chosen item and store it's value in a
> variable 'result'

You must be clear of the distinction between these two things:

1) The stylesheet creates some html markup that happens to include a form,
and

2) Later, the form is displayed in a browser where a user makes some
selection in the form.  You could proces the form data using javascript,
which processing could (if you are using IE, anyway) include running another
transform.

Your description sounds as if you expect both these two things to go on
simultaneoulsy but they will not.

The approach with forms should always be the same.  First figure out the
html that will do what you want.  Then figure out a stylesheet that creates
that html.  Handling the result of changing or submitting the form is a
separate process.

Cheers,

Tom P