[xsl] Re: quick [but difficult] Xpath Question

Subject: [xsl] Re: quick [but difficult] Xpath Question
From: "Juan Estevan Madrigal" <juan_estevan_madrigal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 16:17:37 -0400
Hello:

I need an XPath statement which will return the first node found in the
document, where the element's local-name() = 'XX'. The node can be anywhere
in the source tree. I've tried all sorts of different statements but they
either result too many records [ I just need the fist "hit"] or no records
at all.

I only need the first node, not all the nodes. and the name of the element
is only known at runtime. This Xpath will be inside an XSLT file which acts
as a "find command", displaying the first node found in the document.

Thanks in advance