[xsl] Xalan complains about relative DTD URL in transformed document

Subject: [xsl] Xalan complains about relative DTD URL in transformed document
From: David Byrden <David@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 13:26:17 +0100

        I'm using JDK14 to transform some XML
documents that reference a DTD with a relative URL.

I'm getting this exception:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Relative URI "../../text bodies.dtd"; can not be resolved without a base URI.

        Believe me I've spent time on this, and the
code I'm using now is from a solution posted to this
list by J.Pietschmann:

Transformer tr = TransformerFactory.newInstance().newTransformer( transform ) ; SAXParserFactory saxParserFactory = SAXParserFactory.newInstance() ; saxParserFactory.setValidating( false ) ; XMLReader xmlReader = saxParserFactory.newSAXParser().getXMLReader() ; xmlReader.setEntityResolver( new MyResolver() ) ; tr.transform( new SAXSource( xmlReader, src ), res ) ;

Unfortunately it does not work, in that the MyResolver
is not even called on to resolve anything before
the exception occurs.

Any ideas? I do want to use a relative URL for the DTD.

David