RE: [xsl] copy-of / value-of

Subject: RE: [xsl] copy-of / value-of
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 15:10:33 +0100
> Program used: Saxon 5.6.2 (latest stable)
I guess you mean 6.5.2...

> In my XML for that, I want to be able to add a tag <special> like:
>
> <special>
>   Some text here as line 1<br/>
>   Some text here as line 2
> </special>
>
> But when I use this with value-of, the result is:
>
> Some text here as line 1 Some text here as line 2
> (without the tag in the middle.)
>
> I also tried copy-of which is better, but copies also the XML tags.
>
> All I want to do is to be able to add a tag to my XML file
> which may include HTML tags. How can I do this?

I don't understand: you seem to be making a distinction between "XML
tags" and "HTML tags" in your XML file. How are they distinguished?

Can you give an example of the input and output of your transformation.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx