RE: [xsl] tag minimisation

Subject: RE: [xsl] tag minimisation
From: "Andrew Welch" <awelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:32:09 +0100
> test for text(), if it is there write out the element, else don't.

Sure.

However, with stylesheets totalling 80k, and DTD's specifying 1000's of
elements in all possible combinations (with entities containing
themselves... but thats another gripe) its a bit much to be expected to
test each node for text(), or for that matter sprinkle the stylesheet
with #160's.

Its such a small issue that causes huge problems, I can't see any
benefit whatsoever of enforcing minimisation at this time.

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---