Re: [xsl] document() loops

Subject: Re: [xsl] document() loops
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:41:15 +0100
> Now is there a way to run a for-each for this external xml file??

your terminology does not fit well with that of XSLT so I am having to
guess what you mean. for-each iterates over the set of nodes supplied,
these can come from any number of files: you just have to select the
appropriate nodes.

Perhaps you would be better to apply-templates rather than do a for-each
if you want to traverse into the file structure.

But otherwise, as I think i said before, something like

<xsl:for-each select="univ-xml">
 stuff from <xsl:value-of select="."/>
  <xsl:for-each select="document(.)/university-records/*">
    iterate over all the children of university-records in this file...

But I can't tell from your description quite which elements you want
from the imported file: if it isn't /university-records/* then change the
Xpath to be whatever  you need.

David