Re: [xsl] Using the document function

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using the document function
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 21:22:51 +0200
RShonk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I am currently working on a project to dynamically generate PDF documents
from a servlet. I embedded FOP 0.20.4 using  Xalan 2.3.1 into our web
application. My original plan generated 4 xml files. 3 containing data from
the database and the 4th containing the path and files names. I had
expected to be able to use <xsl:variable name="file1" select="document
('filename1')"/>, etc.  in my XSLT stylesheet with the file name determined
by the values in the xml file. This apparently will not work since the URI
value for filename cannot be assigned at run-time.

Why not? I use constructs like document(concat('http://',key('hostname',@hostid)/name,path)) all the time.

J.Pietschmann