[xsl] Streamline xslt

Subject: [xsl] Streamline xslt
From: Geoff <ghank@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 25 Sep 2002 12:26:25 -0500
I love using XSLT because I can expose my web pages as xml and use xslt
to transform the xml into html or something else like wml. The
presentation is cleanly separated from content.

The problem I see is if I need to change the presentation. I'm sure
someday at some point someone will say let's give the Website a new
look. Each "page" has a php script that either points to an xml file or
creates xml on the fly, then points to an xsl file and passes this to
the Sablotron processor. To change the site design I have to update each
xsl file in the site.The html is the same for each xsl stylesheet except
the part where the xsl code lives.So ideally I would divide the file
into header.inc, the xsl part and footer.inc.

The first thought I had was use includes. Php includes won't work
because the first thing the Sablotron processor sees is <?php //php code
?>. I assume the same problem occurs with Apache includes.
XSL includes must be well formed xml documents so that wouldn't work
either.

Any suggestions?