[xsl] XSLT template from XSLT + XML

Subject: [xsl] XSLT template from XSLT + XML
From: "Michael Semcheski" <mhs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 15:30:59 -0400
Hello,

I am trying to take an XML file and an XSL file, transform them using MSXML
3.0, and output an XSL.  I have two files that I've gotten this to work for
by liberally using the xsl:element and xsl:attributes.

The first two worked fine, I did them pretty much by hand, there weren't too
many templates to create via xsl:element name="xsl:template".

The third file that I am sort of stuck on is not really all that special,
but its really much more complex in terms of templates than the other two.
There must be 20 templates with very complicated matches, and the content of
the templates are pretty tricky.  I am just afraid to do create a template
for this template by hand.  Too many places for me to screw it up.

Reading this over, its difficult to accurately convey what I'm trying to do,
much less the why.  I guess what I'm wondering is, can I create an xsl
template (a) to read in one xsl template (b) and output a template (c),
which when combined with an xml file (x) containing some options, output a
template (d) very similar in structure to template b.  Then I can tweak
template c to make use of the options in file x.  Whew.

It can be done by hand, but I would feel a lot more comfortable somehow
automating the process.  Any comments or suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.