RE: RE: [xsl] XSLT transform XSL-FO to CSS

Subject: RE: RE: [xsl] XSLT transform XSL-FO to CSS
From: "gary cor" <stuff4gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 11:45:54 +0000
Dave,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have just ordered your XSL-FO book so haven't read it yet and don't understand fo that well. Provisionally, I had actually layed it out to do the master as xml rather than xslt and use the id tag for name. i.e.

<fo:inline  id="classname"
           font-size="12px"
           color="#000000"
           background-color="#ffffff"
           margin="0px"
           font-family="arial, sans-serif">
</fo:inline>

And then using the xslt with math to generate many differen't css from the browser sniff with differen't fonts sizes etc for different browsers. I think what you've suggested sounds far better as it probably would be usable for a PDF result as well and I know you have experience for this.

It looks like I will use mainly fo:inline, fo:basic-link, fo:external-graphic and fo:block. I can't seem to find anything for css onhover, visited, cursor: hand, etc. so that's probably in the 15% you mentioned.

Many Thanks again for tips!

G.