Re: [xsl] problem child (X-path)

Subject: Re: [xsl] problem child (X-path)
From: Trevor Nash <tcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 14:53:45 +0100
On Wed, 2 Oct 2002 00:32:51 -0700 (PDT), DEV SEN wrote:

>I'm having an X-path problem.
>
>At the beginning of my xsl file I have <xsl:template
>match="/">. Later in the file I use other statements
>with template matching, i.e. <xsl:template
>match="something here">.
>
>When I try to transform the file I get an error of
>"Unexpected Child". What's going on and how do I fix
>it?

Oh good, another guessing game ;-)

That message doesn't look to me like an XPath problem or an XSLT
problem: its more likely to be that  your input document doesn't obey
the rules in the DTD or Schema.  There is an element inside another
element which should not be there.

If that isn't it, you need to show us your input XML and your
stylesheet, and tell us what XSLT processor you are using.

If you do not see the problem, the usual reason is that you are
looking in the wrong place: if you only give us the things you have
looked at, we can't see it either.

If the files are large, then try to cut them down to the smallest
files which still show the problem.  You migh even find it yourself.

Trevor Nash
--
Traditional training & distance learning,
Consultancy by email

Melvaig Software Engineering Limited
voice:     +44 (0) 1445 771 271
email:     tcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx