Re: [xsl] Putting a set input-nodes together under XSL 1.0.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Putting a set input-nodes together under XSL 1.0.
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 17:29:12 +0100
> Are there technics which would allow me to introduce new input-nodes
> into an existing set of  input-nodes without going through this
> input-to-RTF-to-input transformation?

No, XSLT takes a read only view of a source tree.

On the other hand the only difference between a node set and a RTF (in
most implementations, allegedly) is a flag that prevents you doing node
set operations on the RTF, so the "input-to-RTF-to-input transformation"
is most likely not a very costly operation. The fact that there was
a distinction at all is widely seen as a mistake and the distinction is
removed in the xslt 1.1 and xslt 2 drafts.

David