Re: [xsl] data structure in xslt?

Subject: Re: [xsl] data structure in xslt?
From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 22:26:40 +0200
Hello Zhiyong,

what you need is <xsl:key/> and a grouping mechanism like Muenchian Method.

http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#key
http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/grouping/muenchian.xml

Regards,

Joerg

Zhiyong Hong wrote:
Hello All,

I am using xslt for code generation from xml document. I need to maintain a
data structure to remember a list of special nodes I have visited before. Is
there any way in xslt which can address this issue?

For example, I have following xml document:

<method name="getPerson">
<returnType>Person</returnType>
<params/>

<method name="setPerson">
<returnType/>
<params>
<param type="Person" name="p"/>
</params>

When I first get the node of Person type, I know I need to include Person.h
or whatever interface it is. But after that I don't need to do that again.
So I need to remember the type I already include, and I think I need a
datastructure(a hash, list or tree will do).

Thanks for your help. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Zhiyong