RE: [xsl] Using document()

Subject: RE: [xsl] Using document()
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 09:11:58 +0100
It's up to the XSLT processor to decide what kind of URIs it's prepared
to handle. I think that many XSLT processors won't touch fragment
identifiers. Saxon does have some limited support for fragment
identifiers, but it's a but fragile. It's better to strip them off, load
the document without them, and then find the node you are looking for.

Incidentally, document('#id2') is referring to a node in the stylesheet
while document(@xlink:href) is referring to a node in the source
document. The choice of base URI depends on whether the argument is a
node or a string.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx