Re: [xsl] Problem with XSL and Namespace

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problem with XSL and Namespace
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:36:05 +0100
Hi Giovani,

> the result XSL in stylesheet "son" is:
>
> <xstm:stylesheet xmlns:axsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
> xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";
> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="1.0">
>
>    <axsl:template match="/">
>       <root xmlns="http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/";>
>
> And in the final XML document generated is:
>
> <root>
>   ..
> </root>

If so, then your processor is buggy. Given the stylesheet that you
have above, the <root> element that's generated in the output should
have two namespace nodes on it, one for xlink
(http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink) and one for the default namespace
(http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/). In order to retain those nodes
when serialized, it should look like:

<root xmlns="http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0";
      xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";>
</root>

Which processor are you using? If you simplified your example (which I
guess you did, given that the prefix for the stylesheet element hasn't
been declared), perhaps you can show us the actual 'son' stylesheet
that you're using and we can see whether there's something in it that
would cause the namespace nodes to disappear.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison