Re: [xsl] Stupid newbie question..

Subject: Re: [xsl] Stupid newbie question..
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 13:30:47 -0600 (MDT)
Jordan S. Jones wrote:
> I am trying to call a template based off of the value of an attribute..  I
> am probably going about it in a dumb manner..
>
> Here is my xml:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" ?>
> <document>
>  <description>Test number one</description>
>  <content>
>   <module id="one">
>    <paragraph>
>     <media type="img">image.jpg</media>
>     <title>This is the title</title>
>     blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
>    </paragraph>
>   </module>
>  </content>
> </document>
>

> Here is the xslt:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
>  <xsl:output method = "html" encoding="Windows-1252" />
>
>  <xsl:template match="/">
>    <xsl:if test="document/description">
>     <title><xsl:value-of select="document/description" /></title>
>    </xsl:if>
>    <xsl:if test="document/content">
>     <xsl:apply-templates select="document/content" />
>    </xsl:if>
>  </xsl:template>
>
>  <xsl:template match="document/content">
>   <xsl:apply-templates />
>  </xsl:template>

So far, so good. You could just say match="content" unless you've
got some other 'content' elements that you need to process differently.

>  <xsl:template match="module">
>   <xsl:apply-templates select="@id" />
>  </xsl:template>
>
>  <xsl:template match="one">
>   This is module one.
>  </xsl:template>

You meant (in place of both of these)

<xsl:template match="module[@id='one']">
  <xsl:text>This is module one.</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

The xsl:text element is just there to keep the whitespace around the text from
being considered part of the text.

   - Mike