RE: [xsl] What is the fastest XSLT parser

Subject: RE: [xsl] What is the fastest XSLT parser
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 17:11:09 +0100
> [David Carlisle]
> >
> > > But a job on this one, that took 30 hours took only 5 minutes in
> > > Xalan/Xerces testXSLT command-line utility.
> >
> > normally msxml is faster than the java ones.
> >

> But then I have a transform that takes several minutes with
> Xalan but only about a second with Saxon (very informal
> timings).  For sure you have to try specific problem cases
> with various processors to get the best speed.

Generally, MSXML gives pretty good performance. But there will always be
cases where one processor optimizes a particular construct and another
doesn't, and dramatic differences like these will generally apply only
to stylesheets that exhibit that particular feature.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx