Re: [xsl] word wrapping using fo-xsl

Subject: Re: [xsl] word wrapping using fo-xsl
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 23:15:36 +0200
Deborah Aleyne Lapeyre wrote:
[on behalf of someone]
I am currently using fo-xsl to render xml into pdf. I am having some
problems with word wrapping. eg. if I have a very long word, it will extend
to the next column of the table with no auto-hyphenation or word wrapping.

1. Tell the formatter to use hyphenate by setting the appropriate properties. 2. Insert soft hyphens at appropriate places, if the formatter implements Unicode soft hyphen handling. 3. Insert zero width spaces in the long word at appropriate places if the word is something like an URL or product number.

J.Pietschmann