RE: [xsl] Removing duplicates

Subject: RE: [xsl] Removing duplicates
From: "James Carlyle" <james.carlyle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 00:02:48 +0100
> either. Unfortunately, it is my understanding that "preceding-sibling::*"
> will only look at the one sibling adjacent to current(). Hence,

the preceding-sibling axis contains all the preceding siblings of the
context node; if the context node is an attribute node or namespace node,
the preceding-sibling axis is empty

Sorry but I must be slow (it is late here).
You only want to process RCs if there is no RC with the same value in the
Is that right?

If so,

<xsl:template match="RC">
= count(following::RC)][text()=current()/text()])">		...

This says "look for RCs descending from the same DETAILLINE as this RC,
where they have the same text value as this RC, and they have a following RC
that is the same as this RC (i.e. they are a preceding RC)"

There is probably a better way of doing this.

Kind regards,

James Carlyle

FableFlow : MMS templating and delivery
Multimedia Messaging commentary :