[xsl] RTF to XHTML and back

Subject: [xsl] RTF to XHTML and back
From: Kelly <kellyrocks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 23:22:47 -0400
Hey all, I'm really stuck here so any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I've been working with XML for awhile now using the Jabber protocol which is entirely based on XML. I've mostly been using XML in a DOM method and know nothing about XSL but I'm stuck with a problem I'm very stuck on and I think XSL is my method of solving it. Jabber uses XHTML for formatted text (very basic basic support, mainly only font face, font color, font style). All the controls I use on my development platform (.NET framework) use RTF. So I need to convert RTF to XHTML, then incoming XHTML to RTF.

I followed a very basic tutorial on using the XSL transform engine to transform a XML document to RTF, but it didn't contain any font info in the XML file or the .xsl file that described the RTF format.

I'm really unsure what to do. Am I just requiring the right XSL files, to describe XHTML and RTF and throw them into the XSL transform engine?
Another thing is, alot of people seem to be doing XML-FO to RTF or HTML etc. Maybe I should go to XML-FO as an intermediate format? For example going RTF to XML-FO then XML-FO to XHTML.

Any help on this subject would greatly be appreciated. I've posted to several .NET forums etc and it seems nobody has really tackled this that I can find anyways.

Again much appreciated and thanks for listening to my post.
Thanks,
Kelly